Sewer Cleaning Service in Dallas, TX
Reeves Family Plumbing Company in Dallas provides expert sewer cleaning services. Has your sewer drain backed up or clogged to a standstill? Just call one of our highly skilled plumbers and your clogged sewer will be a thing of the past.
Signs of a Clogged Sewer Line
- Drain Noise: Strange noises coming from your drains are a key indicator that your sewer is nearly clogged. This is one of the first signs of a clogged drain. You will notice noises in drains when other lines are draining.
- Slow Drains: Slow drains are the next indication that your drains need cleaning. An impending sewer drain clog will become noticeable since the waste water can’t drain as fast.
- Sewer Odor: Sewer odor can occur at any point in the process. Sewer gas is not only unpleasant, it is also potentially dangerous.
If these initial signs aren’t heeded, then your sewer will inevitably clog. Waiting only increases the damage and drives up cost.
Sewer Clog Causes
Your sewer can become clogged or blocked for a number of reasons. The main causes for sewer clogs are:
- Faulty Plumbing: Improperly fitted plumbing frequently causes clogged sewers. The problem could be an improperly installed vent. The list of defects could include anything from faulty material to installation defects.
- Roots: Roots are one of the most notorious causes for a clogged sewer line. Over time roots work their way into your sewer line and eventually clog your sewer drain.
- Shifting Soil: The Dallas area is prone to shifting soil. Eventually your sewer line will break. A small fracture allows soil and roots which will eventually clog the sewer line. In the case of a major soil shift, your sewer line may flood the yard near the affected area.
Once you’ve called Reeves Family Plumbing Company in Dallas, our plumber can get down to business. There are a number of methods for cleaning clogged sewer lines. The sewer cleaning method varies by the type of clog.
Sewer Snaking: Snaking works for many clogged sewer lines. The plumber will arrive, access your cleanout, and run the snake toward the clog. This method can eliminate roots and man made obstructions.
Hydro Jetting: Hydro jetting is perfect for stubborn clogs. Hydro Jetting is similar to a snake in form, however the hydro jet streams pressurized water into the drain in order to blast away debris.
Video Camera Inspection: Sometimes it is difficult to pinpoint the source of a clogged sewer drain. This is where the video camera inspection can come into play. The video camera is snaked down the line until the nature of the obstruction is determined. Video camera inspection snakes are also great for verifying that the sewer line is completely free of obstructions or breaks.