Sewer Leak Repair in Dallas TX
Leak Detection & Repair
A sewer leak can cause a lot of damage in a short amount of time. It can erode your foundation, destroy your lawn or seriously damage your home in other ways. That is why it is very important that you call Reeves Family Plumbing Company in Dallas at the first sign of a sewer leak.
How Sewer Leaks Happen
Shifting Soil: The DFW area is known for long periods of rain followed by long periods of drought. This causes the soil to shift. Unfortunately your sewer pipes may eventually crack or break altogether.
Roots: No matter where you are, roots are the number one enemy of sewer pipes. Roots will penetrate any and all weak points. Whether it is a small pipe break or at the seams, a root will find its way into your sewer system and cause backups or even further breakage as the root system expands.
Sewer Leak Detection
There are a number of indicators that something has gone wrong with your sewer system. A sewer leak can be identified by the following signs:
- Foul Odor: A sewer leak has a very distinct, unpleasant, odor. It is very difficult to locate the source of your sewer leak by smell alone. This is simply an indicator of the problem.
- Slow Drains: A slow bathtub drainage is another sign that you have a sewer leak.
- Sewer Backup: If your sewer frequently backs up, then there is trouble at some point in your sewer system.
- Structural Movement / Damage: In some of the most extreme cases, a sewer leak can erode your foundation. This will result in major structural damage.
- Sink Holes and Puddles: A sewer leak will cause erosion beneath the surface of your lawn. As the leak progresses, you will notice sink holes throughout your yard. In some cases the leak reaches the surface and it will pool in various areas. However, the area nearest the pooling is not usually the trouble spot.